Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sept. 5, Lon's Birthday

Hi All, today is Lon's birthday so we want to wish him the best! I remember the weekend he was born. Funny thing, it was Labor day weekend then as well. Mom and dad got the call in Fort Collins and headed out to Denver to welcome Lon into the world. We we were all very excited for his arrival and he was a good sized baby. "Grandma and Grandpa" Dunn could not have been prouder!

I was a happy aunt as well since my new nephew and my new baby would be clolse and be able to grow up together. Bonnie and I had really bonded during our pregnancies. Through the hot summer, we went on quite a few fishing trips up the Poudre canyon, to Gould and the Little Larimer river. Because of our "condition" we rode in style over all the bumps in grandpa's pride and joy, the green Buick Electra 225.

I could not have imagined how close the babies would be. On the way home from Denver, Mom and Dad stopped by the trailer to check on me and I had gone in to labor. Needless to say, they took me to the hospital to have their second grandchild of the weekend! It was truly, a Labor Day weekend, right Bonnie? Mary Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment