Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa: Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories, December 6, 2011

This is one of my favorite and sweetest Santa stories.

In 2004 the three youngest grandchildren Jayden, Jazzie and newborn Taytum were visited by a very special helper of Santa's. Our 13 year old grandson Joshua, agreed to help Santa out and let his cousins and little sister have their pictures taken with him.

It went something like this:
ME: Josh, I think you would make a great Santa

JOSH: I don't think so grandma


ME: Sure you would, we will even get you a cool suit to wear, just like
Halloween

JOSH:
Ummmm I'll think about it

Sometime later:


ME: Josh, look, your mom found a really cool Santa Suit!!!!


JOSH: MOMMMMMMM!!!!
ME: Please?????

SILENCE AS TIME PASSES

JOSH: Ummmmm, well, I guess I could do it, it does look KINDA cool

Christmas Eve 2004

JOSH:
Uhhh grandma???

ME: Yes Josh?



JOSH: This is really really hot and sweaty........How long do I have to wear it for?
JOSH: Grandma???
Grandma???? where did you go????????
man I gotta get outta here.............



ME: THANK YOU JOSHUA .......Here comes Santa Claus here comes Santa Claus.......

No comments:

Post a Comment