Saturday, December 4, 2010

Advent Christmas Calendar-Christmas Cards





My parents and grandparents both sent and saved Christmas cards over the years.

One of my priceless family history treasures is a red tin cigar box that's filled with post cards and cards that my maternal grandmother saved.

She passed away before I was born so I never got to meet her. The messages in the cards from her children and her sisters back in Indiana were the only clues I really had to find out how her family felt about her. Through the information in the cards,


I was finally able to identify my mother's "long lost relatives". The cards are from the early 1900's through the early 1950's and are very quaint. My favorite part of looking at the cards every year is reading how much my mom loved and missed her mom and looked forward to their visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment