Friday, December 24, 2010

Advent Christmas Calendar-Dec 21-Christmas Music

Christmas music was always a big part of our family Christmas's. When I was growing up, we had tone of the big console radios with a phonograph it. We listened to Christmas music on the radio and we had a few 78 records with Christmas music as well. From time to time I would get my own Christmas records to play. The one I remember best had a yellow label on it with Santa and Reindeer on it. I think I almost wore it out. It had all the popular kids songs on it by the original singers. I also had the Alvin and the Chipmunk's record. When the school would put on Christmas concerts, I always signed up. I know my brother's sang in Choir at church as well. When I was 10 I learned how to play the organ and a friend of ours gave me hers. I practiced everyday throughout the year but I loved to play the Christmas music every night when mom and dad got home.

When I was older and moved to Arizona, I joined the Dickens' strolling caroler group and spent many enjoyable hours singing for others. I also participated in church choirs and the Arizona Mormon Choir. These experiences have been some of my most treasured memories. It would not be the same for me on Christmas if we did not share it through music.

1 comment:

  1. Thats right I remember the chipmunk forty five record. And he would shout "Alvin" and then they would sing. I had forgotten that we had it.

    ReplyDelete