Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent Christmas Calendar-Holiday Parties

Our family had a tradition of getting together on Christmas eve since we usually traveled on Christmas day to have dinner with my grandparents across the state. After they passed, my parents kept the tradition of having all of us over for sandwiches, clam chowder (or some other yummy soup) and family time around the tree. From the time I learned to play the organ at 10, I would play carols and take requests for favorite songs. We also opened our presents on Christmas eve and so whatever was under the tree on Christmas morning was from Santa.

Now that my children are grown we still try to carry out some old traditions as well as make new ones. Natasha usually reads a Christmas story, Raven and I wrap last minute gifts and deliver them. Sandi's family exchanges personal ornaments, and we last year we gathered together again on Christmas.

No matter where we are, we still remember and therefore include our loved ones that are no longer here.

No comments:

Post a Comment