Thursday, December 16, 2010

Advent Christmas Calendar-School Celebrations

My earliest memory of a school Christmas pagent was in first grade. I attended school in the only grade school in Wiggins Colorado, a small rural farm town. I remember the pagent so well because I got to wear a choir robe. Of course it was made out of a cut up white sheet with a red ribbon bow on it. I loved learning the carols to sing and my favorites were silent night and silver bells. The best part of silver bells is that we made our own silver bells out of paper cups covered in foil with yarn stringing them together. It was a big moment for me. Only recently I found the picture of my older brother Doug in his Merino Colorado school choir. All I can say is that his robe was nicer but he did NOT have the cool silver bells.

No comments:

Post a Comment